Maize Valley Market & Winery is located in beautiful Hartville, OH just a short drive from Akron, Canton and Cleveland. Whether you’re planning an outing for you and the kids, or if you want to host your company picnic, Maize Valley offers fabulous fall activities for all ages.
Fall Activities at Maize Valley
Browse through the list of all the amazing things to do at Maize Valley this Fall.
- Corn Maze – The 8-acre corn maze features the Akron Rubber Ducks! Every year the corn maze has a different theme and trivia questions are hidden within the maze – all related to that year’s theme. Guests are given game sheets with spaces to record their answers, as well as other fun activities related to the theme.
- Wagon Rides – Take a wagon ride through the surrounding fields, enjoy the sights of the ripening grapes, visit our pumpkin patch.
- Activities for all ages throughout the farm – “Nashog” pig races, duck races, Goat-a-palooza featuring the “goat ridge boys”, chicken run, tire pile, straw bale mountain, “Frank” the combine, animal train ride for younger kids, Farmagination village, the littlest farmer play area, Tire Tower Slides, Tricky Trike Track and animal train rides for the younger kids.
- Farm Animals – Feed and pet the animals on the farm
- Pumpkins – Pick your own pumpkins from the pumpkin patch or choose some of the pre-picked pumpkins to take home.
- Pumpkin Cannon – Watch the pumpkin cannon launch pumpkins over half a mile
- Maize Valley Market & Winery – Purchase seasonal produce that is grown at the farm. In addition, you can browse through the selection of meats and cheeses, crackers, jams, jellies, and gourmet sauces and dips. And stop by the winery to sample and pick up a bottle of wine or try out something from the Craft Brewery.
The fall fun at Maize Valley begins on September 10-October 30, 2016.
Note: Last admission is always one hour prior to the listed closing time.
- September 10: 10am-10pm
- September 11: 12pm-4pm
- September 17: 10am-10pm
- September 18: 12pm-4pm
- September 24: 10am-10pm
- September 25: 12pm-8pm
- Monday-Thursday in October: Open 10am-8pm. (Last admission taken at 7pm.)
- Friday & Saturdays in October: Open 10am-10pm. (Last admission taken at 9 pm)
- Sundays in October: Open 12pm-8pm (Last admission taken at 7pm.)
- September Hours (September 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, 2016 only): Admission is $10 per person age 2 and up, under 2 is FREE.
- Monday-Thursday in October: Admission is $7 for ages 2 and up, under 2 is FREE.
- Friday & Saturday in October: Admission is $10 for all ages, under 2 is FREE.
- Sundays in October: Admission is $10 for all ages, under 2 is free.
- FREE for children UNDER 2 years of age
- NOTE: Admission on October 1, 2, & 15 is $15 per person ages 2 and up – no discounts, no coupons. Megasaurus will be performing on those days.
Special Fall Events at Maize Valley
In addition to all the fun to be had on the farm there are a number of special events planned this fall.
Hot Air Balloon Lift-Off
This favorite event officially kicks off the fall season at Maize Valley. Half a dozen balloons will take to the sky against the backdrop of all of our fall harvest activities.
When: Saturday, September 24, 2016 & Sunday, September 25, 2016; The balloons actually lift off in the late afternoon typically between 4pm-6pm.
Cost: $10 per person, under 2 are FREE
MEGASAURUS at Maize Valley
Megasaraus is a giant fire breathing, car crushing dinosaur that performs across the United States at Monster Jam Truck Shows and other events. Megasaurus has delighted and entertained visitors at Maize Valley the last 4 years during our fall harvest season. His show typically involves him “eating” two cars, one which is filled with pumpkins. You might say he makes “pumpkin pie”.
Two shows on Saturday October 1, 2016 at 2pm and at dusk (sunset)
One show on Sunday October 2, 2016 at 3pm
Two shows on Saturday October 15, 2016 at 2pm and dusk (sunset)
Cost: $15 per person
Group Packages & Outings
Maize Valley also offer group packages and a wide variety of food options. Hosting groups of all types and sizes including Boy and girl scouts, company picnics, birthday parties, church groups, YMCAs, 4-H clubs, civic organizations, groups of friends, family reunions, school field trips, and more.
Schedule your company outing now for an experience everyone will enjoy.