The kids and I were on a mission to cool off a few weeks ago, so we ventured out to Edgewood Park in Barberton to check out their Sprayground.
FREE Barberton Edgewood Park & Sprayground
1170 Liberty Ave Barberton, OH 44203 (map)
Sprayground opened daily from 11:00am until 8:00pm (Summer Only)
I am pretty impressed with the park, it is well kept, has lot of green space and plenty of shade. The playground equipment is very large with lots of different slides and climbing equipment. There is a separate playground area for smaller children.
The Spraygroud was large and very clean as well. The kids enjoyed the feature in the middle of the sprayground that periodically dumped buckets of water on them.
Some of the water features were working, but there was still plenty of fun to be had!
Edgewood Park and Sprayground Pros & Cons
While we enjoyed our trip overall, there are some pros and cons I noted about the park.
- Large playground with various slides, monkey bars, hanging bars, bridges and climbing obstacles.
- Swings for both toddlers and older children.
- Located in a neighborhood so not many cars were driving by.
- Plenty of picnic tables, benches and trashcans. Covered Pavilion
- Large areas of Green Space
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Restrooms (It was a Porta Potty…but it was clean)
- Small parking lot.
- Playground is not enclosed by a fence.
I’m always looking for new places to go, and I’d love some suggestions. What Northeast Ohio parks and playgrounds do you frequent?