Each year we decorate Easter Eggs as a family. It’s a lot of fun and everyone enjoys participating and coming up with unique designs. The only downside is that we typically end up with more hard boiled eggs than we can possibly eat.
Because of that, we decided to do something different this year. Rice Krispy Easter Eggs!
- Six Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Package of Marshmallows (10oz)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Rice Krispies cereal.
- Grease an 9×13 pan. Scoop out the cereal mixture and pack it into the pan (it will be about 1/2 inch thick). Tip: Used a buttered spatula to prevent the cereal from sticking.
- Let the pan cool for a1-2 hours. The mixture should be cool but not hard.
- Use a knife (or cookie cutter) to cut out egg shapes. Then use your hands to fine tune the shape. We got eggs from the 9×13 pan.
- Frost each egg and then decorate with sprinkles and candy. Side Note: I used special care when pipping the frosting onto each “egg” using different designs. After putting the sprinkles on, you can’t really see the designs. Next time I’ll make it easier on myself and skip the special designs.
These were really fun to make and extremely good. We definitely didn’t have any problems eating up the entire batch! I hope your family enjoys making them as much as mine did.