Held on the first Friday of each month in the downtown Canton Arts District, First Friday features themed music, performances and visual arts events. With a different theme each month, there is always something that both adults and children can enjoy.
During the event, The Canton Palace Theatre typically has a FREE showing of a kids friendly movie, music fills the air and there are lot of performance and demonstrations to enjoy. Visit the Canton First Friday website to view details on the upcoming events.
Still not sure what to expect? Check out pictures of previous events here.
Dates & Times
All year round, on the first Friday of every month between 6:00 and 10:00pm
Canton Arts District – Downtown Canton, Ohio 44702 (map)
Between Cleveland Ave. and Market Avenue, and between 6th St. NE and Tuscarawas St.
After 5:00pm, FREE Parking is offered at these locations:
- All On-Street Metered Parking
- Timken High School Parking Lot – 521 Tuscarawas Street West Canton, OH 44702 (map)
- 4th St. NW & McKinley
- Stark County District Library – 715 Market Avenue North Canton, OH 44702 (map)
- Christ Presbyterian Church – 530 Tuscarawas Street West Canton, Ohio 44702 (map)
- St. Peter's Catholic Church – 726 Cleveland Avenue Northwest Canton, OH 44702 (map)
- YMCA -405 2nd St NWCanton, OH 44702 (map)
Paid Parking is also available at these locations:
- Bliss Parking Garage – Cleveland Avenue North at third Street Northwest (map)
- Charter One Bank Garage – 3528 Tuscarawas Street West, Canton, OH (map)
- Parking Lot between 4th and 5th Sts. NW & Cleveland Ave. North.
Who's been to Canton First Friday? What is your favorite aspect of the event?