We attended the opening night of Monster Jam at the Quicken Loans arena and had a great time. The monster truck drivers put on a great performance and the kids loved getting a chance to see them up close.
Monster Jam Pre-Show Pit Party
The Monster Jam Pit Party is such a unique opportunity for monster truck fans. Wondering what to expect? Six of the large monster trucks were parked and their drivers were available to answer questions, pose for pictures and sign autographs.
We had so much fun getting an up close and personal look at the trucks. The kids were amazed at just how big they are.
In addition to the monster trucks, we got to see the quad racers and motorcross bikes. Their drivers were very friendly and even let the kids sit on the quad racers.
Monster Jam Monster Truck Show
After the excitement of the Pit Party we were all ready to see the monster trucks in action.
The first part of the show was a Wheelie competition, where all the trucks took turns doing wheelies on the ramp. While each truck put up an impressive performance, as you can see in the picture above, El Toro Loco almost went completely vertical.
Then it was off to the races! The trucks raced in pairs to see which one could make the jump and cross the finish line first.
In between all the monster truck action the quad racers took to the track for a series of races.
The night ended with the freestyle competition, where the trucks raced around the track doing jumps, wheelies, spins and crushing cars. All the performances were amazing, and Son Uva Diggers high-flying jump topped it off.
Tips for Attending Monster Jam
- Bring Cash for parking. We always park in the Tower City lot. It’s close, easy to find and simple to get out. It costs $10.
- It will be loud, so bring along some ear plugs for yourself and the kids. If you don't have any, you can purchase some monster jam earmuffs (pictured above) at the event. You're ears will thank you!
- There are many Monster Jam Souvenirs available to purchase. Monster Jam shirts, stuffed trucks, flags, hats, hot wheel cars and more. From what I saw, prices ranged from $5 to $30.
- Remember your camera. There will be plenty of photo-ops during the show and during the pit party. And be sure to snap a few of the kids reactions to the show as well.
- Use the promo codes listed below to save on tickets.