Fairlawn has a number of really nice public parks. We've been to Fort Island / Griffith's Park numerous times and during our last trip to the Akron are we decided to check out Croghan Park located at the intersection of North Miller Road and Sand Run Parkway.
All About Croghan Park in Fairlawn Ohio
Upon arriving at the park, we headed straight to the playground. It was a short walk from the parking lot and the closer we got the more excited the kids became. The structure was great for older kids as there were many sets of monkey bars and challenging things for them to climb on.
There was also a smaller toddler play structure for the younger children to play on.
And a big swing set with both regular and infant swings.
Around the perimeter of the playground were numerous benches and a handful of picnic tables. There was also a couple of basketball courts and tennis courts nearby.
Overall, it was a great playground and the kids had a lot of fun on the equipment. My only critique was the lack of shade near the playground.
Tip: Make sure to bring sunblock, hats and sun glasses because the playground is in full sun.
Located next to the playground is a large covered pavilion. While we were there someone was having a birthday party in the pavilion.
After the kids were through playing we took a short walk along the paved walking path back to our car and then did a quick search to figure out what ice cream shop to stop at on the way home.
Tips for Visiting Croghan Park Playground
- There are a group of picnic tables located near the playground. You can pack your own lunch or snacks to enjoy a picnic.
- The playground is full sun, so plan to bring a hat or sunblock to protect yourself and your kids from the sun.
- The paved trail is perfect for strollers and the path winds around the park.
Croghan Park Playground Features & Amenities
This 7 acre park located at the intersection of North Miller Road and Sand Run Parkway includes:
- 7 acres
- Paved Parking Lot
- Covered Pavilion
- Lots of Green Space, but minimal Shade
- Paved Walkway (.36 mile)
- Multiple Bridges & Climbing Structures
- Swing-set (Regular and Infant Swings)
- Multiple Slides
- Toddler Area
- Sports & Recreation at Croghan Park
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Courts
- Handball Courts
North Miller Road and Sand Run Parkway