Inspiring Tomorrow’s Healthcare Professionals Today!
Little Medical School camps bring Medicine, Science, and the importance of health to children in an entertaining, exciting and fun way. The camps are designed to inspire children to aspire for careers in healthcare.
More than 20 camp sessions are being held across Northeast Ohio this summer, including locations in: Aurora, Beachwood, Hudson, Lakewood, Reminderville, Richfield, Solon, Westlake and Willoughby.
Choose from two wonderful themes: Little Medical School and Little Veterinarian School.
Little Medical School Summer Day Camp
Explore what it’s like to be a real doctor. Spend the week exploring and spending time working on tests and techniques used by doctor’s every day. Topics include:
- What is in the Doctor’s bag? (learn more about instruments doctor’s use)
- All about the Heart (Students get their own stethoscope!)
- All about the lungs
- Digesting Digestion
- Is there a Surgeon in the house?( Learn how to suture and tie surgical knots)
- First Aid! (Students get first aid kit and learn how to use it)
- The Wonderful Brain (learn about the brain lobes and what each does)
- That is Gross! (We’ll spend time on the gross stuff, gas, burps, mucus and more)
- Your Spine is Fine
- The Exciting Eye (students take home a model eye)
- Shots and Vaccinations
- Pharmacy Emergency – Poisonings! (learn what to do in a poison emergency)
Little Veterinarian School Summer Day Camp
Little Veterinarian School encourages elementary school children to role play and explore the exciting world of veterinarians. Using interactive demonstrations, crafts and games, kids learn how to take care of a pet and use instruments that real veterinarians use.
Children will spend the week learning the following:
- How to complete an assessment of a dog
- The importance of proper care and nutrition to keep dogs healthy
- What to do if a dog gets hurt and how to care for them
- Safety rules around animals
- What Radiographs are
- About pesky parasites and how to treat animals with them
Give your children a possible life changing experience this summer! Register online here or call (300) 800-9292