Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach is on of the Lake Metroparks. The area consists of a 21-acre lakefront park with a beach that has a gradual slope and sandy bottom.
In addition to enjoying the beach and water, visitors can also partake in kayaking, canoeing, sailing, boating, and more.
- Location: 301 Huntington Beach Dr. Fairport Harbor, Ohio 44077 (map)
- Summer 2013 Season: *weather permitting
- Beach opens Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-27)
- Open for season June 1 to Labor Day (September 1) 9:30 am to 8 pm
Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach Features
- Beach with a gradual slope and sandy bottom
- Changing rooms and shower facilities
- Picnic tables and grills
- Volleyball courts
- Surf Chair (all-terrain wheelchair for use by visitors with physical disabilities)
- Food Concession Stand
Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach Rules
- No glass containers permitted at the beach.
- Fires must be contained within grills provided.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Swim only in the designated swim area.
- Flotation devices are not permitted in the swim area.
- Lifejackets are available at the concession stand free of charge.
- Park opens at sunrise and closes one half-hour after sunset.
- Dogs must be on a leash and are allowed only on the paved parking lot and in the designated dog swim area.
The use of the park and beach are free. However, there is a small fee for parking on-site. Those who wish to park off site and walk in are able to use the beach.
- Onsite Parking Daily Fee
- $2 for Lake County residents (ID required)
- $3 for out-of-county residents
- Season Parking Pass
- $25 for Lake County residents
- $35 for out-of-county residents.
Find out more about the 2012 Beach programs here.
I've never been to Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach before, but would love to hear from someone who has. Leave a comment below and let us know what you like best about the beach.