Here are the details about a fun and simple craft that my daughter and I did together. It’s a perfect spring time craft because butterflies are so prevalent this time of year.
How to Make a Clothes Pin Butterfly
Step 1 – Gather the Necessary Items
- Clothes Pin (1 per butterfly)
- Coffee Filter (1 per butterfly)
- Assorted Markers
- Colored pom-poms
- Small strip of Adhesive Magnet (optional)
Step 2 – Color on the coffee filers. My daughter drew a random design. It might be fun for older kids to attempt to make a more symmetric pattern.
Step 3 – Glue the pom-poms to the clothes pin
Step 4 – Gather the coffee filter in the middle and pinch it with the clothes pin. You may need to “fluff out” the sides of the filter to open up the wings.
Step 5 (optional) – Place the adhesive magnet on the back side of the clothes pin. Now you can proudly display the butterfly on the refrigerator.
- Glue on some “googly eyes”
- Create antennas using a pipe cleaner
- Use different sized coffee filter to create big and small butterflies
Let us know if you make the craft and if you have any other enhancement ideas.
Find more Arts & Craft ideas.