This weekend our family visited the Center Ice Sports Complex for an evening of ice skating fun. We've been ice skating at Center Ice before and have always enjoyed ourselves. This time was no exception. If you've never been ice skating before I highly recommend going. Ice skating is a fun family outing that can be enjoyed year round.
Read below to find out all that Center Ice has to offer and be sure to enter for a chance to Win a 4 pack of admission passes to Center Ice.
Center Ice Sports Complex in Canton Ohio
We attended the Saturday night Open Skate, and as you can see in the picture above, there were quite a few people skating that night. Fortunately, because the rink is so large we had plenty of room and never felt like we were in the way as we skated.
Throughout the evening they played energetic music and projected colored lights onto the ice. These special touches made the experience even more enjoyable.
I especially liked the fact that there were construction cones available for young children to use to keep their balance. The cones enabled the children to skate independently and feel the satisfaction of letting go of the wall and moving onto the middle of the ice.
Overall, we had a great time ice skating the night away and will definitely be back to skate again.
Center Ice Features, Amenities and Special Offerings
Center Ice is located just south of the Akron-Canton Airport. The center is locally owned and operated and features an NHL sized rink, year-round hockey and figure skating programs, public open skate sessions, a full service hockey pro shop, large video arcade, birthday party packages and more.
- Open Skate – Open skate times are offered a varying days and times throughout the week and weekend. Everyone is welcome and there will likely be a variety of people there from beginners to advanced skaters.
- Ice Skating Lessons – Center Ice has a number of highly experienced ice skating teachers who offer lessons for every skill level. So, whether your goal is to make it around the rink without falling or to land a double axel jump they have a class for you.
- Youth and Adult Hockey Programs – If you are a hockey fan, head out to Center Ice to learn how to play, join the Center Ice Hockey League, or to cheer on the local high school hockey teams.
- Birthday Party Packages – Looking for a fun, unique birthday party for your child? You're in luck because Center Ice offers affordable birthday party package. For $16 per child you'll receive a private decorated party room for two hours, one and a half hours of open skating, skates rental for both parents and children, a birthday cake, pizza, pop, gift bags for the children and a gift for the birthday child.
Planning Your Ice Skating Trip
- The temperature inside the building is cool, so you will want to dress in layers. Doing so, will allow you to stay warm when you are first starting out and enable you to remove layers if you get warm.
- Bring along gloves. This is especially important for young children and beginner who are likely to fall and will need to touch the ice when they get back up.
- If your children have never skated before they may be afraid to try and could struggle at first. Be there to help and gently instruct them, hold there hand if needed and pick them back up if they fall.
- Don't be ashamed to hold onto the railing as you are skating. There are plenty of people who will be doing the same thing.
- Bring along some money to enjoy a snack or drink at the concession stand before heading home.
- Remember your camera!
- Relax, have fun and enjoy the memorable time with your family.
Enter to Win a 4 Pack of Passes to Open Skate at the Center Ice Sports Complex
The Giveaway has ended.
Congratulations to the winner Lisa!
Many thanks to all who entered.
One lucky Find Time for Fun reader will win a 4 pack of tickets good for open skate admission to Center Ice Sports Complex.
Thank you for entering and Good Luck!
Giveaway Ends: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at midnight EST.
Other: Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. The winners will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Email addresses are only used in order to contact the winner. Be sure to leave a VALID email address. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Duplicate entries will be deleted. Up to four entries per person, including the three Bonus Entries. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Disclosure: This was not a paid post. My opinions are based on my experience. Many thanks to the Canton/Stark County Convention & Visitors’ Bureau and Center Ice Sports Complex for organizing and hosting the blogger event and providing the tickets for review and giveaway.