If you're looking for a way to beat the heat, you'll want to check out the Cleveland Metroparks Ledge Pool and Recreation Area.
Located in Hinckley Reservation, the facility offers a wide variety of activities including swimming, fishing, sand volleyball, picnicking and more.
- Location: 1151 Ledge Rd Hinckley, Ohio 44233 (directions)
- Summer 2013 Season:
Ledge Pool & Recreation Area Features
- An 80- by 100-foot heated stainless steel pool (2’ deep at shallow end and 5’ deep at deep end).
- Swimming lessons taught by American Red Cross Water
- Fishing along the shore of Ledge Lake. Catch largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie and rainbow trout. NOTE: A fishing license is required to fish.
- Basketball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Picnic Tables and Grills
- Learn to Swim Lessons
- American Red Cross Training Courses
I've never personally been to Ledge Pool before, but it sounds like a great place to take the family during the hot summer months.
What's your favorite thing about Ledge Pool & Recreation Area?