Located next to Cedar Point Amusement Park along the bank of Lake Erie, Cedar Point Shores is the perfect retreat to escape the heat during the hot and humid summer months. With it's fun atmosphere, exhilarating water slides, interactive water playground and many other water activities, it's easy to see why the Cedar Point Water Park is a favorite destination for families.
Newly renovated in 2017, the water park was expanded to include even more water slides, a new splashpad area completely with smaller water slides for kids and an updated look and feel.
Water Slides, Water Slides and more Water Slides!
There are over 20 large water slides located throughout the park and each is unique in it's on way. Grab a tube and zip down one of the 8 different tube slides at the park, or try out the 9 different body slides.
Challenge your family and friends to a water slide race on Riptide Raceway. Up to 6 people start side by side on separate slides, each racing toward the bottom to see who can be the first to finish. Or ride together on the rafting slide, Storm Surge where up to four people can ride on the raft at the same time.
Experience the thrill of Point Plummet where you wait standing on a trap door, patiently waiting for the moment when it opens and drops out from underneath you immediately sending you speeding down a 6 story body slide.
Interactive Water Playground
SplasH2O is an interactive water playground with multiple levels, bridges, slides, water fountains and more. To add to the fun, every few minutes a bell start clinging to indicated that the HUGE bucket of water is about to dump gallons and gallons of water onto the people playing below.
New in 2017, the Lemmy's Lagoon Splashpad features a variety of colorful water play structures and multiple kid sized slides that are the perfect size for toddlers and preschoolers.
Drop your towels and bags off on one of the many lounge chairs surrounding the splashpad and then go have some water fun!
Two Lazy Rivers
There are two separate lazy rivers located at Cedar Point Shores: Cedar Creek and Runway Rapids.
The Cedar Creek lazy river is located at the end of the park just past the water slides. It is a traditional lazy river with calm water where people float at a leisurely pace. It's a great spot to relax and unwind.
Runway Rapids, on the other hand is a lazy river full of adventure. It features dumping water buckets, water falls, lots of twists and turns and plenty of opportunities to get wet!
Over 500,000 gallons of water fun! The wave pool provides an opportunity to relax in the water while it's calm and then gives a sense of excitement once the waves start rolling.
The pool is a zero depth entry and at is deepest part the water is 6 feet deep. Life jackets are available near the entrance of the pool and kids under 42inches in height must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
You are sure to build up an appetite after playing in the water and thankfully there are multiple places to eat while at Cedar Point Shores
Located at the center of the water park is Crystal Rock Café. Enjoy pulled pork and grilled chicken sandwiches as well as other kid favorites like mac & cheese, chicken tenders, pizza and fries. Another option is the Dockside Grill located near the water slides. This spot serves traditional grill foods including hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches and chicken fingers.
And to top off your meal, grab dessert at Beaches & Cream, where you can get ice cream, funnel cakes, milkshakes and more.
If you are planning to eat multiple meals at the park, look into purchasing a dining pass or refillable souvenir drink bottles. Details on the plans here.
- There are a variety of food options available for purchase. If you are planning to eat multiple meals at the park, look into purchasing a dining pass or refillable souvenir drink bottles. Details on the plans here. You cannot bring food or drinks into the water park, but another options for food is to pack a cooler of food and keep it in your car. You can then leave the water park to eat lunch.
- Plan to spend at least a half day at the water park and take advantage of the fact that you can leave the water park and come back again during the same day. Just remember to get your hand stamped on the way out.
- Nothing is worse than getting a child all excited to do something only to find out they aren't tall enough to take part in the fun. All the water slides and some of the pools at the water park have height requirements. Find all the details here.
- Bring along plenty of sunblock and make sure to reapply. There isn't much shade in the park.
- In order to wear glasses or sunglasses must be secured with a strap if you want to wear them while on the water slides.
- Life jackets in various sizes are available throughout the park. In some sections (wave pool, lazy river, etc) children under a certain height must wear a life jacket in order to go into the water.
Cedar Point Shores Water Park
1 Cedar Point Dr, Sandusky, OH 44870
You may also be interested in: