Veterans Memorial Park in Green is a great place to play as well as remember those who served our country. There is a ADA-accessible playground as well as a memorial park dedicated to those from the area who served our country.
Things to Do at Veterans Memorial Park
Patriot Playground is an American themed playground with patriotic colors and fun facts about the history of our country. This ADA-accessible playground has several slides, regular and infant swings, a rope ladder, and much more!
The First Responders Memorial was opened in 2015 and is a memorial for those who served our country that resided in Green. There are several monuments for fallen men and women, a sunken patio, and a water feature memorial as well.
Tips for Visiting Veterans Memorial Park
- There isn't much shade on the playground. Make sure to bring sunscreen and hats for the kids.
- Patriotic Playground is ADA-accessible and has 3 separate entry points to enter the playground.
- The playground has rubber mat ground covering which makes it a great choice for playing after heavy rains or for young children who like to put mulch and other ground cover in their mouths.
- The memorial has paved walkways throughout which is great for taking the stroller through.
- The Memorial Day ceremonies take place within the park. This is a great event to take the kids and remember those who served.
Veterans Memorial Park Features & Amenities
- First Responders Memorial
- Open grassy areas
- Paved Walkways
- Picnic tables
- Patriotic Playground
- Several Slides
- Rock Wall
- Interactive musical structures
- Rope Ladder
- Rubber mat surface
- Regular and Infant swings
Veterans Memorial Park
4224 Massillon Rd, Green, OH 44232