The Canalway Center in Canal Fulton opened is located in St. Helena Heritage Park by the Ohio & Erie Towpath Trail.
Stop by the center to learn about the history of the Canalway and of Canal Fulton, watch an informational DVD in the Center’s amphitheater, and read browse through the centers historical exhibit. The staff can also provide details about local businesses, area events, and the current tow path conditions.
Visitors can also walk aboard a dry docked canal boat that was once used to transport passengers along the canal.
And speaking of riding a canal boat down the canal, the Canalway Center still offers rides throughout the year. We had a great experience the time we went. Read and see pictures of our trip at VisitCantonStark.com
The Canalway Center
125 Tuscarawas St NW, Canal Fulton Ohio 44614
Planning Your Trip
- If you like biking, bring yours along and take a ride down the Ohio – Erie Canal Towpath Trail.
- The towpath trail is also perfect for walking or jogging
- Visit downtown Canal Fulton while you’re there. There are many unique shops, including Keillor’s A Teddy Bear Shoppe, Canal Fulton Glassworks, and The Toys That Time Forgot.
- Get some ice cream at either of two local shops, Osers Dairy & Deli or Canal Street Creamery
- Let your kids play on the playground at Heritage Park.