Wingfoot Lake is a HUGE park (over 700 acres) located just a short drive from Akron in Suffield Ohio, and it has about everything you could ask for in a park. A HUGE playground, ball fields, places to kayak, a storybook trail and if you time your trip right you just might see the Goodyear Blimp taking off from or returning to it's hanger across the lake.
Check out the hidden gem I have for you…Wingfoot Lake State Park!
Things to do at Wingfoot Lake Park
The HUGE playground is one of the highlights of the park. It contains various slides, ladders, rope chains, monkey bars, rock walls, multiple climbing structures, bridges, tunnels, telephone tubes (that really work) and a small sandbox. My children spent a long time running and playing on the equipment. I joined in on the fun for a while and then sat on a nearby bench and enjoyed watching them play.
The park also has lots of green space, picnic tables, benches, swings and shade. One of our favorite spots was the swing that overlooks the lake. If you time your trip right and you can even watch the Goodyear Blimp leaving from the hanger on the other side of the lake.
After swinging for a while, we took a stroll on the paved walking trail over covered bridges, past boat docks, picnic shelters and throughout the entire park.
Remember to bring along your sports equipment because the park has ball fields, basketball and volleyball courts, badminton, horseshoe pits, bocce ball, frisbee/disc golf and even a miniature golf course! There is a small charge to play putt putt golf, but the prices were very reasonable ($5 Ages 11 and Older, $3 Ages 3 – 10, FREE Ages 2 and under). We didn’t have time to play while we there, but we plan to during our next visit.
Helpful Tip: Theresa left a comment to let us all know that the fee to golf is to use their equipment (club and ball). If you bring your own golf club and golf ball, you can play putt putt for FREE! In addition, you can play at anytime not just when they are open. Thank you Theresa for the tip!
Wingfoot Lake State Park Scavenger Hunt
It's time for an adventure! Can you solve the final mystery phrase and come out victorious at the end?!
Have a blast as you follow the map on a quest through Wingfoot Lake State Park. Your team will look for clues, solve puzzles and complete challenges all while having fun!
Purchase your scavenger hunt now, and start your adventure any time!
Tips for Visiting Wingfoot Lake Park
- Boats and kayaks are available for rent until 5pm, but you’ll want to rent early on busy days.
- Keep an eye out for the Goodyear Blimp when visiting. It is kept in the hanger across from the lake.
- Plan to bring a hat or sunblock to protect yourself and your kids from the sun when visiting.
Have Tips or Comments About Wingfoot Lake State Park? Leave a comment below. Thanks!
Wingfoot Lake Park Features & Amenities
- Over 700 Acre Park (including Lake)
- Abundance of Shade and Green Space
- Large Playground with two play structures
- Multiple Restrooms (The one we used was very clean)
- Drinking Fountains
- Six Covered Pavilions & Shelters (Find rental information here)
- Picnic Tables, Benches & Grills
- Paved Walking Path (Covered Bridge, Boat Docks)
- Ballfields, Basketball & Volleyball Courts
- Badminton Courts
- Horseshoe Pits & Bocce Ball Court
- 18 Hole Frisbee / Disc Golf Course
- 18 Hole Mini Golf Course (Charge)
- Paddle Boats (Charge)
- Pontoon Boats (Charge)
- Dog Park
- Lake Fishing
- Marina / Concessions
As you can tell there is just about every amenity available at Wingfoot Lake Park. I highly recommend visiting Wingfoot Lake State Park. It is beautiful, well maintained and with all the available features there is something the entire family will enjoy.
Wingfoot Lake Park
993 Goodyear Park Blvd.
Mogadore, Ohio 44260
You may also be Interested In:
- Playground Near Me – The best area playgrounds
- Things to Do with Kids in Northeast Ohio – The ultimate list of fun places to go and things to do