Located in Alliance Ohio, Beech Creek Garden is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. There is something for all ages and interests to enjoy, including 3 miles of hiking trails, multiple nature play areas, a butterfly house (open in the summer months), and a plant science and nature center.
Plan to spend at least two hours exploring all the fun things to do at Beech Creek Gardens. Our video tour will show you want to expect and our tips for visiting will help make your experience even more memorable.
Video Tour of Beech Creek Gardens
All About Beech Creek Gardens
There are many ways to enjoy your time at Beech Creek Gardens. Head to the visitors center first. There you can pay for your admission and get a map of the gardens. We typically begin walking the trails that wind through the woods, near streams and eventually lead to the Nature Play areas.
Helpful Tip: Bring along bug spray in case there are mosquitoes when you visit.
There are two playgrounds located just a short walk from the visitors center. The newest play area was built in 2018 and contains tree houses, slides, an obstacle course, zip line and more fun spaces for kids to burn off energy.
The older playground has huge logs and a wooden bridge to jump and climb on. Both playgrounds are shaded and offer a variety of places where parents can sit and relax while their kids play.
The butterfly house is such a special place to visit. Inside there are a wide variety of butterflies flying around among the flowers. Guests can also observer cocoons in various stages. If you're lucky you may even get to watch a butterfly hatch from the cocoon.
Helpful Tip: Check the desk in the middle of the butterfly house for the sticks you can use to hold the butterflies.
The plant science and nature center is located near the main parking lot right next to the visitors center. This area is filled with interactive activities and fun facts about plants and nature. Make sure to pick up the scavenger hunt activity located near the main entrance.
There are many fun things to do at Beech Creek Gardens. Plan to spend 2-4 hours exploring everything they have to offer.
Things to Know before you visit Beech Creek Gardens
- If you plan to visit multiple times throughout the year, consider purchasing a membership. Aside from saving money, members also receive special perks including the opportunity to use the trails and outdoor play areas from dusk to dawn (note: non-members must visit during open hours)
- Bring along bug spray in case there are mosquitoes when you visit.
- Check the desk in the middle of the butterfly house for the sticks you can use to hold the butterflies. There may also be various cocoons at the desk you can look at too.
- Plan to spend 2 or more hours exploring the trails and playground. Pack snacks, drinks and even a picnic lunch. The visitor center has some snack items for sale as well.
- Check their calendar before you visit to see if there are any special events taking place. Each month they have various fun activities planned. We've went to their winter Bird in Hand event and were able to hand feed chickadees.
Have a tip to share? Leave a comment below with the details. Thanks!
Beech Creek Gardens Features & Amenities
- Nature Play Areas – Including a playground with tree houses that opened in 2018
- Butterfly House during the summer
- Plant Science and Nature Center
- Hiking Trails (3+ miles)
- Hand Feed Chickadees during the winter
- More special events throughout the year
Beech Creek Gardens
11929 Beech St. NE, Alliance, OH 44601
You may be interested in: Outdoor Gardens & Arboretums in Northeast Ohio