The Jackson Bog is 57 acre nature preserve located in Jackson Township, Ohio. It's a great park for families as it is an easy trail through the woods and along a boardwalk over the bog. It's great any time of the year, but especially fun after a few days of heavy rain because the boardwalk floats on the water at various points along the trail.
Things to do at Jackson South Park & Jackson Bog
When you first arrive at the park, you'll see a nice sized playground. It was newly remodeled in 2019. There are bathrooms nearby, a sand volleyball court, a pavilion, a few benches, baseball field and even a little free library.
Trails at Jackson South Park & Jackson Bog
The trails begin near the playground. The main trial leads through the woods to the start of the Jackson Bog Nature Preserve. After walking for about a 1/2 mile, you'll reach the boardwalk through leads straight through the bog. This is the highlight of the trail.
Helpful Tip: There are a variety of side trails that depart from the main bog trail. These are not marked very well. Best to stick to the main trail.
This trail is a loop around the entire bog it includes a boardwalk. There are also information plaques along the boardwalk that explain the different plants and features of the bog.
Distance: 1.9 miles
Difficulty: Easy, does include a couple hills
Points of Interest: Boardwalk, wildlife, flowers
Tips for Your Visit to the Jackson Bog
- There are a variety of side trails that depart from the main bog trail. These are not marked very well. Best to stick to the main trail.
- Trails are entirely in the woods, make sure you bring bug spray because we've had problems with the mosquito before.
- Parks of the trails leading to the boardwalk can be muddy so make sure you bring sturdy shoes, tennis shoes at the very least.
- Be careful if you go to the bog in the winter months. The boardwalk can get very icy and hard to walk on without falling.
- Lots of opportunities to play Pokemon Go and there are even a few geocaches hidden in the park
Jackson Bog State Park
7984 Fulton Dr NW, Massillon, OH 44646