Lakewood Park is an extremely popular destination and it's easy to see why. The 31-acre lakefront park has something for all ages, including a huge playground with unique equipment, a brick walkway with peaceful views of Lake Erie as well as a beautiful skyline of Downtown Cleveland, a skate park, swimming pool, and plenty of green space. The park also hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
Below are pictures and details about the park. Have a tip about Lakewood Park to share? Leave a comment below. Thanks!
Things to do at Lakewood Park
Children will love the playground at Lakewood Park. It's HUGE and has a wide variety of playground equipment including some unique pieces that can't be found at other playgrounds. It's also great for multiple ages as there are items for toddlers through teens.
Helpful Tip – While the playground is fully enclosed, it is large and it could be difficult to keep an eye on multiple children at one time. Be prepared for this ahead of time by going over your safety rules with your kids.
Foster Pool is located next to the playground. This outdoor pool is open during the summer month and offer various programs including learn to swim classes and special events. Daily passes and Seasonal Passes are available for purchase. Find out more about the pool here.
There are many paved walkways throughout the park including a path that runs along the lake. The view is impressive and the sounds of the waves crashing on the rocks is so peaceful. Make sure to take a moment to sit on the benches, swings or solstice steps and take in all in. At the end of one of the walkways you can even get a photo worthy view of the downtown Cleveland Skyline.
Helpful Tip – Want a spectacular view? Plan your trip so you can watch the sun set over Lake Erie
As you can see Lakewood Park is one of the best parks in Northeast Ohio because of all that it has to offer. Pack some snacks and sunscreen and enjoy your trip!
Lakewood Park Scavenger Hunt
It's time for an adventure! Can you solve the final mystery phrase and come out victorious at the end?!
Have a blast as you follow the map on a quest through Lakewood Park. Your team will look for clues, solve puzzles and complete challenges all while having fun!
Purchase your scavenger hunt now, and start your adventure any time!
Tips for Visiting Lakewood Park
- When planning your trip to Lakewood Park, make sure to reserve several hours (or more) to enjoy all the park has to offer.
- Because of the parks popularity and wide variety of activities, it gets busy especially during the weekends. The parking lot (while large) does fill up especially during the big community events.
- The park offers a variety of free community programs throughout the summer including Summer Concerts, Outdoor Movies, Yoga and more. You can find the schedule of events here.
- While the playground is fully enclosed, it is large and it could be difficult to keep an eye on multiple children at one time. Be prepared for this ahead of time by going over your safety rules with your kids.
- Dogs are allowed in the park, but must be kept on a leash and must remain away from playground. See Park Rules here
- Want a spectacular view? Plan your trip so you can watch the sun set over Lake Erie
Have tips about visiting Lakewoood Park? Leave a comment below. Thanks!
Lakewood Park Features & Amenities
- Huge Playground
- Fully enclosed
- Unique equipment
- Bathrooms (located near the playground)
- Covered pavilion with picnic tables (can be rented out)
- Paved Walking Paths
- Views of Lake Erie & the Cleveland Skyline
- Swings, Benches and the Solstice Steps
- Picnic tables and grills
- Swimming Pool
- Bandstand – FREE Concerts and Outdoor Movies during the summer months
- Sports & Recreation
- Tennis Courts
- Baseball Fields
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Skate Park
- Large paved parking lot
- Plenty of Green Space and Shade
14532 Lake Ave, Lakewood, OH 44107
You may also be Interested In: