Veterans Park (once called Schneider Community Park) is a large 42 acre park located in Plain Township. The park has many features including an ADA accessible playground, reservable shelter, pond, a frisbee golf course, new splash pad (opened in early 2018), dog park, sled-riding hill and more.
Veterans Park, Playground & Splashpad
The playground area is well maintained and contains various plastic slides, climbing structures, activities (i.e. Tic Tac Toe, Mini Games) and a rock climbing wall.
There is equipment for both older children and a section with smaller equipment for toddlers and preschoolers. In addition, there is a large swing set that has both regular and accessible swings.
Located next to the playground is a splash pad that opened in early 2018. There are many unique water features to keep kids entertained and cool during the summer months. The splash pad operates daily from Memorial Day through Labor day from 11am-7pm.
A nice bathroom and large covered picnic are also nearby. The picnic shelter can be reserved.
Enjoy a nice walk on the limestone path that takes you through the park and around a nice sized pond. And for those who want to try frisbee golf, there is a nine hole course throughout the park.
The park is pet friendly and there is even a large fenced in dog park located near the back of the park. The dog park is split into two sections, one for small dogs and one for larger dogs.
Tips for Visiting Plain Township Veterans Park
- The splash pad is located next to the playground making it easy for children to cool off after playing.
- There is minimal shade on play areas and hiking trails. Plan to bring a hat or sunblock to protect yourself and your kids from the sun.
- There is a covered pavilion located next to the playground. You can pack your own lunch or snacks to enjoy a picnic.
Have Tips or Comments About Plain Township Veterans Park & Playground? Leave a comment below. Thanks!
Plain Township Veterans Park Features & Amenities
- 42 acres
- Large Paved Parking Lot
- Benches located throughout the Park
- Drinking Fountains
- Plenty of Green Space
- Splash Pad (open Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Accessible Playground
- Multiple Bridges & Climbing Structures
- Climbing Walls
- Swing-sets (Regular and Accessible Swings)
- Toddler Area
- Multiple Slides
- Dog Park
- Walking Trail (1.4 miles)
- 9 Hole Frisbee Disc Golf Course
1714 Schneider Street NE. Canton, Ohio 44721