One of our favorite activities is visiting area parks and playgrounds. My kids love being outdoor and could easily spend hours running and playing on the equipment. We typically play, eat a picnic lunch, play a little longer and then head home for nap time.
It doesn't get much better than that!
While we have a handful of parks that we visit frequently, it's always fun to check out a new playground. And that's exactly what we set out to do last week when we went to Discovery Park in Canal Fulton.
Out Trip to Discovery Park
We got to the park around 10:00am and there was only one other family there at the time. The kids ran over to check out the equipment right away. As usual my daughter went for the slides and my son headed over to the monkey bars. There was also a small rock wall, and few climbing obstacles, and a swing set.
As they were playing I noticed a mother duck and some ducklings swimming in the pond. I called the kids over and we sat on the bank and watched them as they swam over to the edge and jumped onto the dry ground. I'd never seen ducklings that were that small before.
After they all made it out of the pond the mother led them up the small hill and to a silver bowl located in the backyard of a house next to the park. They stayed at the bowl for a few minutes and then waddled back down to the water.
At that point we decided to check out what was in the bowl. It was duck food! The homeowner must love feeding the ducks.
Next we got out our picnic lunch and enjoyed a bite to eat before the kids starting playing again. I pushed them in the swings for a little while and then we watched the ducks make their way to the food bowl again. I wonder home many times a day they go over there.
We had a really nice time and will definitely stop back to play and watch the ducks again.
Tips for Visiting Discovery Park
- There is no parking lot, only on-street neighborhood parking
- No bathrooms. If needed, there are some fast food restaurants located nearby.
- There is minimal shade at the playground. Plan to bring a hat or sunblock to protect yourself and your kids from the sun.
Have Tips or Comments About Discovery Park & Playground? Leave a comment below. Thanks!
Discovery Park Features & Amenities
- Nice sized playground with 3 slides, monkey bars, hanging bar, rock wall and some climbing obstacles.
- Swings for both toddlers and older children.
- Located in a neighborhood so not many cars were driving by.
- Pond with ducks and frogs to observe.
- Plenty of picnic tables, benches and trashcans.
- Paved walking trail
Ericsson & Beverly Streets, Canal Fulton, OH
You may also be Interested In:
I'm always looking for new places to go, and I'd love some suggestions. What Northeast Ohio parks and playgrounds do you frequent?