Dora Lee Payne Park is a great destination for families looking for a small, less crowded playground to spend the day. With a newly built playground and open grassy areas, this park is a perfect spot for a fun afternoon with the family and the space themed playground provides opportunities for creative play.
Things to Do at Dora Lee Payne Park
The park boasts a newly constructed space themed playground with several slides, swings, and climbing structures. It is a great playground for children of all ages with stairs, an infant swing, and spring ride on police car and ambulance.
There are several trees around the playground which offers some shade and benches to relax. The playground sits away from the road which is great for families with children who like to explore.
Next to the playground, is a large open grassy area. While there are some times soccer games held in the field, most often it is open and available for kids to run and play. You could even bring along a soccer ball and practice shooting goals or a kite to fly.
Tips for Visiting Dora Lee Payne Park
- There is a bathroom in the park but it is a bit of a walk from the playground.
- The ground covering on the playground is wood chips so make sure children have appropriate shoes.
- There aren't any picnic tables in the playground area. If you want to stay for lunch, pack a blanket.
- Bring a few lawn games, balls, kite or a Frisbee for the open field area
Dora Lee Payne Park Features and Amenities
- New space themed playground
- Infant Swing
- Handicap Swing
- Open fields
- 3 soccer fields
- 2 basketball courts
- Baseball field
Dora Lee Payne Park
145 Riveredge Drive, Berea, Ohio 44017
- Playground Near Me – The best area playgrounds
- Things to Do with Kids in Northeast Ohio – The ultimate list of fun places to go and things to do