Metzger Park is a large 88-acre park located in Louisville, OH. The wooden castle playground, built by local community members, offers hours of fun for children. In addition to the playground, the park also contains baseball/softball fields, soccer fields, and more than three miles of trails that can be used for biking, walking and running. There much fun to be had by all at Metzger Park!
All About Metzger Park & Playground
The multi-level playground is easily accessible from the parking lot and the various towers and wooden structures make it look like a castle. It has various platforms for climbing on the bridges made out of wood, tires and rubber.
There are multiple swing sets (regular, infant and accessible swings) and even a tire swing. There is also a toddler section that contains infant swings, a little train to “drive,” and slides.
In addition to the playground, the park consists of a large amount of green space filled with a wide variety of trees. There are also over 3 miles of walking trails. We saw a number of people running and biking on the path while we were there.
We ate our lunch at the picnic tables located adjacent to the playground, as there were many to choose from and some were even shaded by some nearby trees. In addition to the picnic tables the park has multiple covered pavilions available for rent.
Tips for Visiting Metzger Park & Playground
- The paved trails are good for biking, running, or walking with a nice mix of long and short trails.
- The park’s trails offer some shade, but plan to bring sunblock or a hat to protect your family from the sun.
- With several shelters and benches, you can pack your own lunch or snacks to enjoy a picnic and the park offers vending machines for cold drinks.
Have Tips or Comments About Metzger Park & Playground? Leave a comment below. Thanks!
Metzger Park & Playground Features & Amenities
Metzger Park sits on 88 acres of land donated the City of Louisville by Mary C. Metzger. The park contains the following
- 88 acres of land
- Large Well Maintained Parking Lot
- Rentable Pavilions (one with a fireplace)
- Restrooms with flush toilets and running water (very well kept)
- Plenty of Green Space
- Shaded Areas
- Drinking Fountains
- Two Baseball Fields
- Two Soccer Fields
- Picnic Tables& Benches
- Over Three Miles of Biking, Walking & Running Paths
- Magical Rainbow Community Built Huge Wooden Playground
- Fully Enclosed
- Multiple Bridges
- Climbing Walls
- Balance Beams
- Swing-sets (Regular, Accessible Swings)
Metzger Park & Playground
1420 S Nickel Plate St Louisville, Ohio 44641
- Playground Near Me – The best area playgrounds
- Things to Do with Kids in Northeast Ohio – The ultimate list of fun places to go and things to do
Shannon Fraizer says
We love Metzger Park! There is a whole section for the you get kids with infant swings, a little Train to “drive,” slides etc… It is a little separate from the castle but still within the fence enclosure. I love that there are many places for a parent to sit and see much of the area. Allows Mom to relax!
Find Time for Fun says
Thanks for letting me know about the infant swings. I’ll update with the correct info.
I completely agree about your comment about places to sit and relax. I much prefer playgrounds with tables and benches nearby, so much nicer for the parents!