This holiday season let's encourage our kids to spread kindness to friends, family members and even strangers. Here is a list of 20 simple, easy to do random acts of kindness.
Simple Acts of Kindness that can be done by Kids & Families
- Paint and hide rocks for someone to find later #NortheastOhioRocks
- Bake cookies and deliver some to a neighbor
- Buy a prepackaged bag of groceries for someone in need. Check if your grocery store does this.
- Surprise your teacher with a card, apple or other small token of your appreciation
- Collect Pop Tabs for Ronald McDonald House (Akron | Cleveland)
- Let someone go in front of you in line at the store
- Find Amazon wish lists and help a non-profit get something they need
- Be a layaway Santa (put money towards someone's layaway). This service is still widely used today
- Offer to walk a neighbors dog
- Set the table for dinner and clean up afterwards too
- Donate a new or gently used coat for kids (and adults) in need (Drop off locations in Northeast Ohio)
- Give your change to the Salvation Army bell ringers
- Sign up to ring the bell for the Salvation Army
- Leave a happy note in a library book for someone to find later
- Pick up trash at your local playground
- Donate a new toy to Toys for Tots (Drop off locations in Northeast Ohio)
- Write notes of encouragement and leave them on a car window shield in a parking lot
- Pay for the persons order behind you in line
- Donate food to a local food bank (Cleveland | Akron-Canton | Mahoning Valley)
- Write and mail cards to out of town family members
- Write and send a letter to someone in the military thanking them for their service
Do you have any other ideas to add to the list? Leave a comment below and let us all share in the joy of spreading kindness this year!
Shovel the drive and walkway for a neighbor who is unable to do so.
You can leave quarters in the carts at an Aldi store or in gum ball machines.