I had heard many good things about Uniontown Community Park and was excited to check it out for myself last weekend. The park was beautiful with lots of shade and two playgrounds, one of which is a natural-wood play area. We had a great time at the park and will definitely be back again.
All About Uniontown Community Park and Playground
Located on one side of the parking lot is a large area with wood play structures including a stand-up teeter-totter, monkey bars, and ship with a slide.
There is also a wood swing set with two regular swings and some rings.
The huge tires were another unique aspect of the play area. The kids enjoyed climbing on and jumping from tire to tire.
And just in case the wood play area wasn't enough, there is also another playground located on the opposite side of the parking lot. This playground is newly built and contains various slides, climbing walls, platforms and bridges.
There is also a toddler play structure with slides, climbing tubes, and ladders.
As well as a swing set with both regular and infant swings.
In addition to the two playgrounds, there is also a 1/2-mile trail that winds through the woods
As well as a scenic lake. (Note: According to their website it seems that you can fish here.)
There is also a hall and open-air pavilion at the park that you can rent. With the playgrounds, this would be a nice place to have a birthday party.
We had a great time at the park and finished off our adventure with a trip to New Baltimore in Hartville, OH, to enjoy some delicious homemade ice cream.
Tips for Visiting Uniontown Community Park Playground
- Although the park has a lot of shade, some areas of the main playground are uncovered. Plan to bring a hat or sunblock to protect yourself and your kids from the sun.
- There are a group of picnic tables located next to the playground. You can pack your own lunch or snacks to enjoy a picnic.
- If you plan to explore the hiking path be sure to bring bug spray since the trail is often buggy.
Uniontown Community Park Playground Features & Amenities
- Large Paved Parking Lot
- Picnic Tables and benches located throughout the Park
- Restrooms (Porta Potty…it was very clean)
- Open-air Pavilion
- Plenty of Green Space and Shade
- Two Playgrounds
- Multiple Bridges & Climbing Structures
- Climbing Walls
- Swing-sets (Regular and Infant)
- Toddler Area
- Huge Tire Play Area
- Stand-up Teeter Totter
- Multiple Slides
- Horse Shoe Pits
- Walking Trail
Uniontown Community Park
3696 Apollo St. NW, Uniontown, OH 44685