This unique fire station themed playground is located next to Fire Station #3 in Stow. The playground equipment is brightly colored and unlike any other playground in the area. Plus there is also a mini city that kids can ride their bikes through right by the playground.
All About KidStation Playground in Stow
KidStation Playground was built in 2005 and is very unique. It's a fire station-themed playground with multiple fire truck play structures for kids to climb on and pretend to drive, slides of all different shapes and sizes, rock walls, fun ladders, and various things to climb on.
There are also a few swings for the kids to enjoy. Note that there are no infant swings available. Overall, it's a great playground and the fire station theme made it even more fun.
Helpful tip: There are no restrooms located at the park. During the summer months there is often a porta-potty available but it's only there seasonally.
All About Safety Village in Stow
Safety Village was built in 2007 and is located in Oregon Trail Park in Stow. It is conveniently located next to KidStation Playground so kids can easily walk between the two.
The miniature city has paved roads that kids can drive their bikes on. The road signs and traffic stops provide a great opportunity to teach your kids the rules of the road in a fun and safe environment.
And the entire village is made up of miniature replicas of establishments located in the City of Stow.
Tips for Your Trip from Other Parents
- This is a really great playground for older. The equipment is large and has more complex climbing structures. I would not recommend bringing toddlers here unless you are going to play with them the entire time.
- There isn't any shade which means the slides can get hot at times. Plan to visit earlier in the day or later in the evening and remember the sun block when you do.
- If you have bikes remember to bring them so the kids can ride around the little city located next to the playground.
Do you have a tip about KidStation to share? Leave a comment below to let us know. Thanks!
Kid Station Playground and Safety Village Features & Amenities
- Located in Oregon Trail Park
- Plenty of Parking
- Picnic Tables located throughout the Park
- Restrooms (Porta Potty)
- Drinking Fountains
- Sports & Recreation at Oregon Trail Park
- Soccer Fields
- Baseball Fields
- Skate Park
- Plenty of Green Space and Shade
- KidStation Playground
- Fire Station Themed Playground
- Multiple Bridges & Climbing Structures
- Climbing Walls
- Miniature Fire Trucks
- Swing-sets (Regular Swings Only)
- Toddler Area
- Multiple Slides
- Safety Village
- Miniature Village for Kids to Ride Bikes
- Traffic Lights
- Road Signs
- Various Buildings (School, Fire station, Stores, Stow Parks & Rec, etc)
Kid Station Playground and Safety Village
4200 Fishcreek Rd., Stow, Ohio 44224
You may also be Interested In: