All About Silver Springs Park
The City of Stow has some amazing parks and playgrounds, one of which is Silver Springs Park which is home to SOAR Playground, Bow Wow Beach Dog Park and much more. Check out all there is to do at Sliver Springs Park.
The park has so many sporting options, including basketball, tennis, volleyball and soccer. The courts and fields are in the front section of the park.
As you drive further into the park you'll find SOAR Playground a handicap accessible play structure. According to the City of Stow's website, the SOAR Playground was designed to insure that children of all abilities were able to play in a safe area created to meet their special needs.
The SOAR playground includes a variety of stimulating opportunities for self-directed, challenging and independent play.
The playground features a large area design for children ages 5-12. There are numerous bridges, slides, rock walls, interactive areas and more.
There is also a small area designed for Toddlers (ages 2-5).
And two swing sets. The one shown above with accessible swing and infant swings and another swing set with 5-6 more accessible swings. About the only thing the park was lacking was regular swings. It would be nice if they added some of those as well.
Located directly beside SOAR Playground is the original play structure at Silver Springs Park. While the equipment here isn't all handicap accessible, it does offer some extra options for children playing in the park.
Bow Wow Beach Park
And last but certainly not least is Bow Wow Beach Dog Park a wonderful place to take your four legged friends. The 7 acre dog park is one of the best in the US and contains a lake for dogs to swim in, plenty of space for dogs to run and play and even some playground equipment for dogs.
Doesn't that look like fun?
Tips for Visiting Silver Springs Park
- Be sure to take along bug spray for the trails and watch for poison ivy.
- There is minimal shade at the playground. Plan to bring a hat or sunblock to protect yourself and your kids from the sun.
- There are picnic tables throughout park. You can pack your own lunch or snacks to enjoy a picnic.
Silver Springs Park Features & Amenities
- 280 acre spacious park
- Plenty of Parking
- Multiple Pavilions with picnic tables
- Picnic Tables located throughout the Park
- Drinking Fountains
- Sports & Recreation
- Soccer Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Baseball Fields
- Bow Wow Beach Dog Park
- 7-1/2 acre fenced-in dog park
- Sandy beach and a 3 acre Lake dogs can play in
- Dock jumping area
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Waste deposit stations
- Dog washing stations
- SOAR Playground (Handicap Accessible Playground)
- Multiple Bridges
- Climbing Walls
- Balance Beams
- Swing-sets (Handicap Accessible, Infant)
- Toddler Area
- Multiple SlidesPavilions
- Plently of Green Space and Shade
- Walking Trails
- Camping at Silver Springs
- Located next to the Metro Parks Bike & Hike Trail
Have you visited SOAR Playground and Silver Springs Park? If so, what does your family like most about the park?