Below you’ll find details on many Labor Day Events taking place across Northeast Ohio. Be sure to visit our Ultimate List of Things to do with Kids in Northeast Ohio for even more ideas and inspiration!
Spend the Day at an area Pool, Water Park or Sprayground
Labor Day weekend is usually the last weekend that many of the local pools, water parks and sprayground are open until next year. Don’t miss your last opportunity to cool off. Note: Be sure to confirm hours on each of the locations listed below. Some are limited due to it being the end of the season.
- Baylor Beach Park (Navarre)
- Clay’s Park Adventure Water Park (North Lawrence)
- Clear Water Park (Uniontown)
- Dogwood Pool & Sprayground (North Canton)
- Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach (Fairport Harbor) *FREE
- Pymatuning Water Park (Williamsfield)
- Splash Harbor (Bellville)
- Splash Zone Aquatic Center (Oberlin)
- Wildwater Kingdom (Aurora)
- Tuscora Park (New Philadelphia)
- Northeast Ohio Spraygrounds, Spray Parks & Wading Pools (Over 45 locations) *FREE
Labor Day Weekend Festivals
There are many festivals taking place over labor day weekend. Here is just a sample of the fun to be had. Visit OhioFestivals.net for a comprehensive list.
- The Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest Aug 30 – Sept 2
- Made in Ohio Craft Festival at Hale Farm & Village Aug 31
- Great Trail Festival Aug 31 – Sept 2
- Labor Day Festival at Euclid Memorial Park – Aug 31
- Lorain County Labor Day Festival – Sept 1
- Taste of Hudson – Sept 1 & 2
Spend Labor Day at a Northeast Ohio County Fair
The following country fairs are taking place over Labor Day weekend. Enjoy live musical entertainment, Midway games and rides, Exhibits and Demonstrations, Children’s activities and more. Use the links below to find out the complete event schedule for each fair.
Labor Day Celebration at Lake Anna in Barberton
Check out theses Labor Day Celebrations taking place in Barberton over Labor Day Weekend.
- Fireworks over Lake Anna Sept 1; dusk
- Annual Barberton Labor Day Parade Sept 2; 10am
Riverfront Cruise-in in Cuyahoga Falls
Take the family out on Labor Day to check out the Riverfront Cruise In, an antique car show in Cuyahoga Falls. The event is very close to the FREE Interactive Fountains in Cuyahoga Falls, so you may want to bring some swim suits for the kids!
When: Monday, Sept 2nd; 5pm-9pm
Where: Falls River Square – 2200 Front St, Cuyahoga Falls , Ohio 44221
Spend the Weekend Camping
Many Northeast Ohio Campgrounds are hosting fun activities over Labor Day Weekend including, glow hayrides, kids games & activities, arts & crafts, animal shows, fishing contests and much more. Check out our list of 65 different campgrounds in Northeast Ohio to find a campground near you.
Annual Labor Day Weekend Hartville Flea Market Special
Labor Day weekend is one of the largest weekends at Hartville Marketplace & Flea Market. There will be hundreds of outdoor vendors to choose from.
When: Thursday, August 29th through Monday, September 2 (Closed Sunday)
Where: 1289 Edison St. NW Hartville, Ohio 44632
Cost: FREE Admission
As usual if you know of any event that isn’t listed please leave a comment below or email us and I’ll get it added.
Remember to LIKE Find Time for Fun on Facebook as we share last minute events and activities.